Dangers Of Mold In Your Los Gatos Home
Mold like this needs immediate attention, call SERVPRO today if you see mold like this in your home.
How Important is Fast Mold Removal in Your Los Gatos Home?
When you discover fungal growth in your Los Gatos home, many homeowners do not entirely know what the next step to take is, or whom to call to assist with a situation like this. Moreover, fewer understand the severity of the situation and how allowing it to persist can cause significant damage to their house and even cause health effects for the family.
Without understanding the severity of mold damage in your Los Gatos home, many homeowners do not react as quickly as they should to the situation. The longer that mold continues to spread and thrive in the affected areas of your home, the more damage it can potentially cause structurally. Depending on the type of mold growth, you could also be releasing mild toxins into the environment which can agitate respiratory conditions in the occupants of the house or cause irritations. Ultimately, it is critical to get professional assistance as quickly as possible when you discover mold growth in your house.
Our SERVPRO professionals can help by arriving quickly and establishing a containment protocol to keep the organism from spreading further by establishing both physical barriers and running equipment like our negative air chambers to catch mold spores circulating in the environment. Once the situation has gotten contained, it is critical for our technicians to work fast to preserve structural elements that can get preserved. Often materials like carpeting and drywall must get removed and replaced, but construction components like framing and flooring bases can often get preserved with the right approach like soda blasting and sanding.
We can even protect further damage within this area by spraying the antimicrobial solution on unaffected materials and surfaces to prevent fungal growth. Taking care of mold growth in your home must happen quickly, as the longer the problem persists the more issues that it can cause.
You can trust that our SERVPRO of Los Gatos / Monte Sereno applied microbial remediation technicians can arrive quickly with the resources to remove active colonies and restore your home. Give us a call today at (408) 600-2020.
To learn the history of Los Gatos click here.
Does Your Los Gatos / Monte Sereno Home Have A Mold Problem?
Photo Caption: In Los Gatos / Monte Sereno, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – Los Gatos / Monte Sereno at (408) 600-2020
Los Gatos / Monte Sereno Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Photo Caption: Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Los Gatos / Monte Sereno for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Los Gatos / Monte Sereno specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (408)600-2020