My Kitchen Was Flooded When a Pipe Burst – What Happens Next?
SERVPRO's Los Gatos Team of Experts Provide Emergency Mitigation for Water Removal with the Right Equipment to Get the Job Done Quickly and Professionally
In any flooding crisis, immediate water extraction is the main focus. First, our water damage technicians assess the situation and determine a course of action. Then they will bring in the proper equipment needed to deal with the water loss in your Los Gatos home.
What type of water extraction equipment gets used?
Fast mitigation to avoid things such as foul odors, deterioration of building materials or mold growth is crucial. The type of equipment used to handle water removal in your Los Gatos kitchen will depend on the extensiveness of the flooding. Some of the things we will look for are:
- Floor Damage – Is your floor hardwood, carpet, or linoleum? Is the substrate damaged?
- Hidden Water – water can hide in interstitial spaces, crawl spaces, stairwells, and HVAC systems
- Ceiling Damage – Does your kitchen have a level below it that could cause damage to the ceiling?
- Walls or Drywall – Was the water loss severe enough to affect those areas?
Getting the Job Done with The Right Equipment
SERVPRO has the water extraction tools required for your specific situation. Depending on the extensiveness and the location of the water damage, the following may be used:
- Portable Pumps – A portable extraction system often works best in single room flooding.
- Truck Mounted Pumps – Rooms holding high amounts of water can require heavy duty pump systems.
- Portable Submersible Pumps – Often used when water is over 2" and the water is clean.
- Rover – A highly maneuverable water extraction system that uses the technician's body weight to "push" the water out.
- Squeegee – Used on hard flooring with either a truck-mounted or portable pump.
- Carpet Wand – Used on carpeting with either a truck-mounted or portable pump.
The job doesn't end with just the right water extraction tools. We also use air movers, dehumidifiers, and monitoring tools to make sure your kitchen cleanup is "Like it never even happened."
If you have a flooding problem, call SERVPRO of Los Gatos / Monte Sereno at (408) 600 – 2020. We are Faster To Any Size Disaster.
See more about Los Gatos